Friday, October 12, 2018

Personal Challenge

I found this photo of a beautiful autumn scene ...
                                                    colours so vibrant you could almost smell the fall air!!

Then I was left with a dilemma... how should I recreate this magnificent setting?





So I challenged myself to do in 2 ways.

I hadn't done any quilted pieces for a while, so set out to see how it would turn out. I was delighted with the outcome and loved the way the pieces all fit together in a unique way. 

I named this one..."Autumn Puzzle Pieces".



Then I decided to do the same photo in needle felting.  I'm glad I have built up a large collection of colours and textures, as I needed so many! 

I named this one..."Autumn Glory".




I'm ecstatic with both pieces. Although they came from the same photo, they are both unique and interesting. 


No comments:

Post a Comment