Friday, September 21, 2012

Buckhorn Quilt Show

 Last year I was invited to join the Buckhorn Quilters Inter-guild Quilt Challenge. I had never done anything like this before, so figured I better not let this opportunity pass.  I had quite a few months to think about it and plan it out. The criteria that had to be met was: using the 3 fabrics provided predominantly in the front of the quilt, must be quilted and bound, and must meed the size requirements.  The theme they chose was: "Images of the Kawarthas".  The quilt show was earlier this month, and the winners were voted on by viewers.  When my husband and I saw the other entries, I was amazed at the talent and creativity of all who participated.  It didn't matter to me who won, I was just glad to be a part of it.  The end result?  My entry tied for 3rd place out of more than 600 ballots counted! The next quilt challenge is in 2 years, and I can hardly wait!  Thanks to all those who put the quilt show on, it looked like an incredible amount of work!  And also, thanks to my husband who is my #1 fan!

"Kawartha Maples"

Buckhorn Quilters' Challenge

No comments:

Post a Comment